“Thank you, Orak, for bringing us back in time to witness the Asian Games,” said Scorch. The Mysticals were watching the gold medal cricket match between India and Afghanistan.
Scorch announced, “Mysticals, let me give you a brief summary about the Asian Games (also called Asiad).
- The Games went from September 23 to October 8 in Hangzhou, China, where we are right now.
- India finished 4th in the overall medal tally. India secured a whopping 107 medals this year.
- They won 28 gold, 38 silver, and 41 bronze medals.
- It is the highest medal tally for India in the history of Asiad.
- Also, India won medals across 22 different sports, which is a record.
- Ojas Deotale and Jyoti Surekha Vennam won three gold medals each in archery. Yet another record!”
The Mysticals clapped with joy.
“Hold the applause, my friends,” interrupted Scorch, “There is more.
- Indian men’s doubles duo Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty won the first-ever gold medal in badminton. They became the World No. 1 in doing so!
- Medals poured for India in cricket, archery, shooting, hockey, steeplechase, and chess.
- Bharati Dey, aged 77 years, became the oldest player to represent India at the Asian Games this year.
- India’s 177 and 122 ranked players defeated World No. 2 and 4 Chinese players in table tennis.”
The Mysticals were elated and joyfully danced for India’s wonderful performance at the Asian Games.